The leafy affluent town of Harpenden has been voted one of the best places to live in the UK. The town’s population is just over 30,000 and is popular with commuters given the direct rail connection to London which has contributed to property prices well over double the national average.
92-96 High Street, HARPENDEN, AL5 2SP
- Rare Harpenden Freehold
- High Street Location
- Triple ground floor unit(s)
- Benefitting from A3 & A5 consents
- Two flats above
- Potential for substantial residential development (STP)
- Site area 0.097 acre / 392 sq m
- OFFERS INVITED
The property is situated in the town centre with nearby occupiers including Sainsburys, Boots, Pizza Express and many other national multiple retailers and restaurateurs.
Terraced property comprising two ground floor units with potential to combine plus 1st floor trading area and 2 flats above. The property comprises the following:
- Ground Floor Open plan bar / dining area with open kitchen and further dining area to the rear
- First Floor Private dining area, WC & self contained flat providing 4 rooms, kitchen and bathroom
- Second Floor Staff and comms room
- Basement WC
- External Side access to rear
- Ground Floor Counter area and kitchen
- First Floor Residential accommodation comprising 3 rooms & bathroom
- External Disused store room
From digital mapping we estimate that the property provides the following approximate areas:
- Total Site Area 0.097 acre 392 sq m
- Gross Built Area (Ground) 3,313 sq ft 308 sq m
- Total Floor Area 5,002 sq ft 464 sq m
In our view there is excellent residential development potential, possibly by constructing an additional storey and demolishing the rear of the property and creating a purpose built apartment block, subject to planning.
We are instructed to invite offers for the benefit of our client’s freehold interest with vacant possession.
We have been verbally advised by the local rating authority that the current rateable values are:
92-94 High Street – £45,500.
96 High Street – £9,400.
Council tax ratings are as follows:
92A High Street – Band C
Flat at 96 High Street – Band C.
Interested parties are advised to verify these figures with St Albans City & District Council on 01727 866100.
Energy Performance Certificate
A copy of the EPC’s are available on request and the properties are rated C72 (92-94 High Street) and G169 (96 High Street).
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
For further information or an appointment to view contact Drake & Company.