The village of Houghton Conquest is situated in central Bedfordshire and has a resident population of 1,514.
- Substantial prominent roadside pub
- Managed House opportunity
- Situated 1½ miles north of affluent Ampthill
- 5.3 acre site
- Tremendous potential to develop site and trade
- Open viewing 19 May 2021, 12.00pm
- Closing date for offers 26 May 2021
- OFFERS INVITED + VAT
The Chequers is situated west of the village on the B530 (Ampthill Road) 1½ miles north of affluent Ampthill close to Center Parcs Woburn Forest.
A large prominent detached pub, brick built and rendered, occupying a significant 5.3 acre site providing the following:
- Ground Floor Main bar (c.30 covers), dining area (80 covers), trade kitchen and WC’s
- Basement Beer cellar (not inspected)
- First Floor 4 rooms, bathroom and kitchen
- External Large car park (50 spaces) and ample room to extend, children’s play area, external barns (not inspected) and extensive grounds (site area 5.3 acres)
From our inspection, and digital mapping, the property provides the following areas:
- Ground Floor Trading 2,333 sq ft 217 sq m
- Ground Floor Ancillary 943 sq ft 88 sq m
- Basement Not inspected
- First Floor 738 sq ft 69 sq m
- Total Floor Area 4,014 sq ft 374 sq m
- Total Site Area 5.3 acres 21,448 sq m
- Gross Built Area (Ground) 3,018 sq ft 280 sq m
In our view, there is excellent potential to develop the site and trading levels given the plot size, location and demographics.
We are instructed to invite unconditional offers for the benefit of our client’s freehold interest with vacant possession.
VAT will be charged, where applicable, at the prevailing rate.
All F&F owned by the Vendor at the property on the day of Completion are included in the sale but no safety tests or inventory will be provided.
Any items owned by third parties e.g. Beer Raising Equipment are specifically excluded from the sale.
Viewing by appointment only from 12.00pm on 19 May 2021 due to Covid restrictions. For further information contact Drake & Company.
We have been verbally advised by the local rating authority that the rateable value is £60,500. Interested parties are advised to verify this figure with Central Bedfordshire Council on 0300 300 8301.
Energy Performance Certificate
A copy of the EPC is available on request and the property is rated ‘C73’.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Our client has set a closing date for offers of 26 May 2021