The historic town of Ware has a resident population of 18,800 and is situated 2 miles north east of the county town of Hertford, just off the A10.
The Albion, 12 Crib Street, WARE, SG12 9EX
- Character Grade II Listed property
- Conservation area setting surrounded by character properties
- Pub including disused building
- 0.04 acre site
- 1,348 sq ft + disused building
- Garden to rear
- Suitable for continued pub use
- Residential conversion potential (STP)
- Open viewing 25 March 2021, 11.00am
- Closing date for offers 31 March 2021
- OIRO £375,000 + VAT
The Albion is a traditional backstreet pub situated on the edge of the town centre in a primarily residential area, surrounded by character properties.
Timber framed Grade II Listed property dating from the 15th century. Single bar with kitchen and private accommodation above plus yard to the rear providing the following:
- Ground Floor Single bar featuring exposed beams and open fireplace, store room, trade kitchen and WC’s
- First Floor 3 rooms and bathroom
- Basement Beer cellar
- External Garden and yard to rear
From digital mapping we estimate that the property provides the following approximate areas:
- Ground Floor Bar 422 sq ft 39 sq m
- Ground Floor Ancillary 275 sq ft 25 sq m
- Basement 198 sq ft 18 sq m
- First Floor 453 sq ft 42 sq m
- Total Built Area 1,348 sq ft 124 sq m
- Total Site Area 0.04 acre 161 sq m
It should be noted that the ownership includes the disused part of the building, with boarded windows, to the left hand side of the pub.
In our view there is excellent potential to convert the existing pub and disused building to one or two dwellings, subject to planning.
We are instructed to invite offers in the region of £375,000 for the benefit of our client’s freehold interest with vacant possession.
VAT will be charged, where applicable, at the prevailing rate.
All F&F owned by the Vendor at the property on the day of Completion are included in the sale but no safety tests or inventory will be provided.
Any items owned by third parties e.g. Beer Raising Equipment are specifically excluded from the sale.
Viewing by appointment only from 11.00am on 25 March 2021 due to Covid restrictions. For further information contact Drake & Company.
We have been verbally advised by the local rating authority that the rateable value is £8,800, which is below the threshold, and rates are not payable. Interested parties are advised to verify this figure with East Hertfordshire District Council on 01279 655261.
Energy Performance Certificate
A copy of the EPC is available on request and the property is rated ‘E107’.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Our client has set a closing date for offers of 31 March 2021